week 9 (oops)

Happy 4th of July everyone! I'll try to keep some of the Star Spangled Banner in my mind today but after this weekend, O Canada is engraven in my head forever.  ðŸ˜‚

Transfers came and I'm staying here in Beaumont and getting a new companion!!! Her name is Sister Patsy so I am so excited to get to know her and see her tomorrow!! :) :)) :) ):))

This week flew by. Time always flies!  We had a very busy weekend with Canada Day!! We were able to go to our wards pancake breakfast and a lot of the community came. It was a really neat experience to be there for their flag raising and all of their festivities. At the pancake breakfast, we noticed this family that we had knocked on their door. When we knocked on their door, we started going into a little discussion and nothing came out of it. Well they were there!!! At the pancake breakfast!!! And they recognized us and they started asking more and more questions and we taught them the first lesson right then and there in the middle of the event. It was so cool!! We gave them a Book of Mormon and they said they wanted to come to church the next Sunday. The guy was really thinking hard about it and he was like "wow, well there is reason why we are here right now." I couldnt agree more. It was really cool because there was so much more missionary work done there also far than just us. A lot of people asked for a chapel tour and our members were able to give them. It was really awesome to see and hear about the experiences our whole ward had. There was another guy that we tracted into and he had been really going through a hard time but just wanted to get his life back together. It's really cool how we are seriously led to people when we just pray to have those experiences and are diligently looking. We left him with a few things and he told us that if we didn't get anything out of that day, we should remember that we helped one person remember that God still cares. Being a missionary is really so awesome. And our investigator is getting baptized in 11 days!!!!! Ah! It's going to be great! She is so awesome and I'm just so excited for the things she will do in the church. Yesterday was my 2 month mark. Holy smokes time is a weird concept. I feel like I just got here but then I look and see I'm starting to get some time under my belt. Anyway, I hope you all have a safe and fun week!! Alma 37:40. I love you all! 
Sister Rivera
Canada Edmonton Mission💌🗺️

1- pancake breakfast with our investigators family <3
2- Beaumont sign
3- I didnt realize it was my 2 month mark so I had to find something to write 2 months on and a plate was as good as it got!
4- I got to see Sister Bledsoe Sunday and it was the best day ever!!!!!!





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

week 19

Week 23

Week 20