week 19




hi everyone!!! I hope that you have all had a great week and are safe from all these natural disasters! 

This last week was good :) it was very busy and its going to get even more busy with the 2 baptisms coming up this weekend and 12 preset appointments we have. Its going to be a fun week! Our investigators are doing great and we are so pumped for this next Saturday!!! so life is good for everyone :) nothing really crazy happened this week. We have really grown close to the woman in the hospital and it was so cool to see how much she has grown. The first time we visited her, she was hiding the Book of Mormon around her roommates and was embarrassed of her religion. This last time we went and visited her, she had us bring extra copies of the Book of Mormon so she could write her testimony in them and give it to them! It was so awesome :)) I am so sorry but I really cant remember what even happened this week so here are some pictures. Oh we had Zone Conference!! That was way fun and I love hearing from the leaders of the Zone and Mission!! Sister Hall and I had such a blonde moment at the LRT station the other day. Everyone was sprinting coming off of the escalators. Like everyone. It was like a stampede so we were like what in the world is going on. So we started to get a little scared and almost started running along with everyone. We asked a woman what was going on if something bad had happened like a bombing or shooting.....everyone was runnning to catch their bus. Hahah we felt so silly.  YSA is a blast with FHE and its the funnest thing ever to see our investigators be in the ward and making good friends. Lol honestly, at Family Home Evening I feel like we are a mom stalking her kids at school to make sure they are making friends. Oh man and this week we quit sugar to help our investigator continue to not drink coffee and its about killing us over but its helping her so we are surviving lol. I was reading out of the Book of Mormon in Ether and I really loved this scripture..the context behind it is when the Brother of Jared and his family are going to cross the waters and the Lord prepares a way for them to have light in their barges...:

"And behold, I prepare you against these things; for ye cannot cross this great deep save I prepare you against the waves of the sea, and the winds which have gone forth, and the floods which shall come"

I just love it for some reason!! Im so so so grateful for the Savior for always being there to rely on and to help me against the waves of the sea <3 I know that He is there and that we can rely on him and as we have faith, we can cross "great deeps". sometimes there is big waves along the way but as we prepare and strengthen our faith, we can make it to the promised land :)

We are going to Jasper next week so you might not hear from me!! I love you all tons <3 I hope that you have a great week!! 

Sister Rivera
Canada Edmonton Mission💌🗺️

1)FHE
2) A girl in our ward that we just love!
3) hot cocoa because it was a bit chilly before our lesson!

4) i looked up during studies and saw this and thought it was just the coolest. "i saw a pillar of light, exactly over my head..above the brightness of the sun which descended gradually until it fell upon me. When the light rested upon me, I saw two Personages, whose brightness and glory defy all description, standing above me in the air. One of them spake unto me, calling me by name and said, pointing to the other, this is my beloved son..Hear Him!" God is the same God in the times of Moses and Abraham so of course we would have prophets today to lead and guide us. Seeing all the scary things in the world...having a prophet on earth today makes me feel so much more secure and safe. A guy on the LRT (transit) was a little sassy to me as I was telling him about the restoration and he said "so what is there actually a prophet on earth today?" and I was like "yep his name is Thomas S. Monson." and he was shocked. He had me write down his name because he thought it was so cool.  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Week 20

5 month mark!!!! Yay!!!