Week 17

heyyyy everyone! i hope that you are all doing well and that the first week of school was good!

This week was a fast one for sure. So cool story, the investigator I talked about last week that said she felt very uncomfortbale...well she is getting baptized in a couple weeks now and has a very strong testimony!! After that awkward lesson, she told us that the feeling she had in the chapel was just so foreign and strong that she didnt know how to express herself and that she felt like it was the Holy Ghost. Major plot twist but so incredibly awesome!! We taught her the Word of Wisdom and she was saying how after she committed to not drink coffee, her desire to do it went away. It was so so so cool. We have another investigator and she is so prepared. She literally cut us off as we were asking her to be baptized and told us yes before we could finish. She is amazing!! Like get this... before we had her first discussion she literally tried sharing the Book of Mormon. She was telling us how its so awesome and how she tried to give it to her friends. She was like half way through 1 Nephi before we met with her. So cool, holy moly. I seriously love the Book of Mormon.  

  I had a really cool experience the other day while street contacting and with the Book of Mormon the other day!! The LRT station was down and our whole schedule was off! We were planning on going to another area to go finding but we ended up walking around the streets by the University instead totally unplanned. The hospital is right next to the University campus and there are so many patients all the time sitting outside of the hospital. Long story short we went and talked to this guy and it was so cool. His grandsons both have disabilities and one of them had just went through open heart surgery and had 3 strokes afterwards. He couldnt stay at the hospital and had to leave and he was soooo sad. Well we started talking to him and Mosiah 24:14 popped into my head and I whipped out the Book of Mormon and shared it with him. When I finished reading it to him, he literally said "How did you know that I needed that?" He started crying and just wowza..It was the coolest thing ever and he explained that that was exactly what he needed to hear and he kept the Book of Mormon. Thennn he tells us that before he walked out of the hospital, he had just prayed to Heavenly Father for help and then he met us. It was so amazing. I couldnt get over it.

We went to West Edmonton Mall this week for supper also!!! We had an appointment with someone else at the hospital across from it so we went to one of the food courts there. It was huggeeeeeee. Oh another cool thing..I DROVE DOWNTOWN EDMONTON!! like main street downtown..oh I just about had a panic attack but Im good and writing this email so all is well. My companions were both feeling sick before, probably more so after me driving but they werent able to drive so there was only one option left and it was me. It was crazy because it was rush hour but i can now say that i drove downtown so thats pretty neat haha. I love my companions so much and we have the funnest time ever :)) <3YSA has been fun.... and interesting but really great!! This week I really learned that Heavenly Father has a plan. We got off schedule quite a few times due to things beyond our control and there always ended up being a reason why or a person that needed us there at that specific time. Im so grateful for Heavenly Father for giving us the Savior. I know that He lives and that He loves us and that He is there to comfort us. Ive felt that so many times on my mission. I thought I lost my wallet this week on the LRT and I had the worst feeling ever, but we prayed in the middle of this busy station and I felt all that fear go away and my wallet was found. I love you all soooo much<3 have a great week!!!

3 Nephi 22:10.. "For the mountains shall depart and the hills be removed, but my kindness shall not depart from thee, neither shall the covenant of my peace be removed, saith the Lord that hath mercy on thee" <3
Sister Rivera
Canada Edmonton Mission💌🗺️

1&4- we were contacting at the LRT and this family basically attacked us lol. they gave us roses and the little girls loved playing with our hair. It was so random haha
2) contacting at the LRT and there was literally not a single person there so we decided to take a picture 

3) west ed amusement park sneak peak



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

week 19

Week 23

Week 20