Week #8



Things in Canada are going good!! Very good! Our investigators baptism is in a couple weeks (on the 15th) so we are just preparing for that and I am soooo excited. We have been  doing a ton of finding trying to find a new investigator! One day we tracted a huge chunk of Beaumont and didn't get a single potential investigator and then the next day we had two lessons on a doorstep within 3 houses of each other!! It was definitely the coolest thing ever!! One of the ladies that we had a lesson with was just so prepared, it was awesome. Some elders had given her a Book of Mormon on the bus in Edmonton and she had been reading it since then but because of time, the elders didn't get to explain really anything about it. So we talked about that and then she mentioned that her husband and her are on a journey to find their faith. So we were definitely led to the right street and the right house. Then this other guy.. Haha we started teaching him the restoration, got through it, then he starts asking all these plan of salvation questions so we touched on that and well.. We ended on a baptism invitation. He said something about how he wouldn't be able to because of the things he's done, so we are going to teach him further about the Atonement next lesson! After he said that, we remembered a guy my second week here that told us that we were trying to "burn" him by giving him a picture of Christ. It was very weird but we are 99.9% positive this is that man. So our paths are crossing for a second time and hopefully things will work out :))

This weekend is Canada day and it is Canada's 150th anniversary. Its gonna be big haha. Beaumonts members are just seriously amazing. I never thought as a missionary I'd be eating steak and garden fresh salad...but they don't call this area Blessed Beaumont for nothing! We had the opportunity to help out a member paint her house yesterday. I was stressing out because I saw this dark spot on her wall and I painted over it like 20 times and it wasn't even dulling it no matter how much paint I used. I was so disappointed in myself when I realized i was trying to paint over a shadow for a good 10 minutes. Let me tell you... This mission has already taught me some great life skills. Haha joking aside this mission has taught me so much already. Heavenly Father blesses us SO much. Holy moly, we have no clue sometimes. There is always something great about a day and I have truly realized it whether it be by reading an awesome scripture or someone simply being nice. Everyday is a good day to have a great day. It's also awesome that we have the opportunity to be an instrument in the Lord's hands to help others have a great day. We never know the effect of our doings <3 anyway, have a great 4th of July celebration if you are doing that this weekend! love you all lots!!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

week 19

Week 20

Week 23