week 25

Subject: week 25
heyyyy everyone!!! i hope that you had a great week and stayed warm!! it looked like it was colder at home than here in Edmonton. Its been super warm lately but its getting really dark. 

This week was super good. We had Zone Conference and it was the last one for the year. We will be having Mission Tour next transfer with a General Authority and then our Christmas Conference the next transfer. It was really good though. The work is going great! holy moly yes. We have 7 investigators!! Get this. 2 of them are from Ghana. How in the world does that even happen? Tender mercies. Soooo Keita is getting baptized not this Saturday, but next so that is so exciting. His scriptural knowledge is amazing! we havent taught him tithing yet and he came to church on sunday and was like "so where do i pay my ten percent at?" hes just awesome. We sung on campus yesterday by the hospital and there was this couple..the lady was pushing him in his wheel chair and oh my goodness, she was limping so bad and you could tell she had been tearing up. So Sister Hall rushed over there to see how we could help and we found out that she had stepped in a heating vent and injured her leg and he had terminal cancer and is about to die. They had to get something from their car so we ended up finding her a wheelchair and pushing them around to do their errands. Later the guy Clode told me "i never wouldve thought that God wouldve blessed me like this today". it was a tender moment and ah, its just honestly the coolest thing to be a missionary to have those experiences. Any hard time is worth it because of that. 

But let's take a sec to laugh for a hot minute. I was praying at the beginning of a lesson and Keita in the middle of the prayer just says amen. What do u even do in that situation handling it reverently? So beyond awkward, I about died laughing. Okay and thennnnn I was pumped because I approached this woman on the LRT and she spoke Cantonese. So I had memorized an approach in Cantonese and a little testimony because well, who doesn't want to learn Cantonese. So she says she speaks Cantonese so I say lei ho ma (hi how are you) and she smiles and like she totally understood. Hahahahahahha I go onto say the rest and she was completely lost. Hahahahah this is probably why Heavenly Father called me English. Hopefully I didn't say something bad, oops. 

I felt like the theme of this weeks finding was bashers and athiests. As I was studying that, I ran into the best scripture ever. Its in Alma 30 and its where Alma is talking to Korihor who is an anti-Christ...
"...The scriptures are laid before thee, yea, and all things denote there is a God; yea, even the earth, and all things that are upon the face of it, yea, and its motion, yea, and also all the planets which move in their regular form do witness that there is a Supreme Creator."

I am just so thankful for Heavenly Father. Hes so good to us!!! Just looking around, there is no doubt that God is there. I hope that you have a great week!! i love you all :)) 

Sister Rivera
Canada Edmonton Mission💌🗺️

1) I got to see my bff Sister Passey at Zone Conference. This picture is the epideme of our friendship. hahahahah we cannot stay serious for 1 second to take a picture.
2)Rogers Place. where the Oilers play!
3) Sister Passey again :))
4) This is Laura. Laura is literally the best person in the whole world. she is seriously the best. For supper she took us to Tony Romas and got us like $40 dollar steaks. She is the sweetest human being alive.
5) This is Geraldine and Clode! one of the elders snagged a picture when we were taking them back to the room, we stopped and listened to them sing for a bit.
6) "what will you teach the world"
7) Sister Hall and I :)) 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Week 20

5 month mark!!!! Yay!!!

week 19