Hey everyone! I'm happy to be almost a month out and a week down in the field! I hope you have all been doing great :) :)

 Im happy to finally be here in Canada. The day getting here was so very long. but it was also really cool because I was able to run into my Aunt Cindy at the airport in Seattle. It was the craziest thing ever. Definitely a tender mercy since I didn't get to tell her bye at home! President and Sister Pattison are so awesome. My trainer is Sister Beauchat (yes like water boy lol) and she is from Idaho like Sister Stastny. I do miss the sisters from the MTC. So I have been assigned to the Beaumont area here near Edmonton. I always teased how I wouldn't wanna be called to a place like Sanford because of how well known the missionaries are and it would be tough to convert anyone because of that....well aye, I got sent to the Sanford of the mission lol. We just got an investigator which we met with the second day I was here, other than that..its been tracting (knocking on doors) all day, everyday so lots of walking which is great because our members are awesome and feed us at least 4 times a week!! Beaumont missionaries are so spoiled because we also have a gym. It's pretty tough because everyone is either Catholic or has already met with missionaries before and stopped but I know we are planting seeds in people so that is just fine. oh but it was so hilarious, we were talking to this guy and he seemed to really like what we were saying and he said "well, I hope this is better than what the Mormons teach".. we just ignored that comment so he would read the pamphlet with an open mind lol. we died laughing after. There's been some interesting people because it is very diverse here but I love it!! It makes great memories lol. They also all think I'm Philippino(because of Rivera) and speak Spanish so it's a big disappointment when I say I'm from th states and only know English haha. We are so lucky because one of the apostles Elder Ballard is coming June 10th! Also, Elder Spackman is coming so it'll be so neat to see him again!!! I'm so excited for that. 

So some stereotypes of Canadians are definitely true. There is a ton of "oot and aboot" comments, "ayes" -except its haye in alberta, and they pronounce their words a little different! The sun sets at about 10:45 and rises at 4:15 which is kinda cool actually! Lots of maple syrup here too :) sorry for the novel! love you all so much! 2 Nephi 4:20 <3

Sister Rivera
Canada Edmonton Mission


 just some random pictures! the houses here are huge!!! 






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

week 19

Week 20

Week 23